To Our Patients,
With the Coronavirus COVID-19 making an impact across the globe and rapidly changing events, we understand the cause for concern.
However, please know that we here at Edinburg Family Dentistry have always upheld the OSHA standards to the highest degree, and continue to do so. We are closely following along with the CDC and the ADA protocols.
We have an ample supply of masks, gloves and protective eyewear. Our sterilization team works hard to sterilize each instrument after each use. Sterilizing and disinfecting the office is standard protocol at our practice.
As per the American Dental Association, in order to continue to protect our patients and team we may be asking you these questions before and during your visit:
- Have you or someone you have been in contact with have experienced the following symptoms in the past 72 hours:
- Cold & Flu-like symptoms
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Have you traveled anywhere in the past 2 weeks?
If you feel ill or are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we ask that you please give us a call so we may reschedule your appointment for a later time.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
We feel safe enough to continue to stay open and care for our patients.
Here are a few guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention that you can do to keep yourself and those around you healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
Edinburg Family Dentistry